When most new developments in Weybridge are built the developer has to pay a tax referred to as CIL (Community Infrastructure Levy) to help fund any increased needs locally, as a consequence of the building.
This infrastructure can be equipment for schools, health centres, community centres or safer or better designed streets. CIL funds may only be used for new or enhanced facilities and not for staffing, repair or general maintenance of existing facilities.
Typically in Elmbridge, towns have an allocation and bids can be made by residents or groups in the town for funds for a project. See here your most frequently asked questions.
This year in Weybridge there are seven applications for CIL funding.
We are interested to hear your views on these. Do you support any of these projects? Or would you like to comment on them? Click on each one for more details and click here for our survey.
We also include a scoring assessment of each project for applicability and desirability. Some projects are uncosted, do not have permission of the landowner or do not necessarily enhance our infrastructure. But what do you think?
These are the seven applications for CIL funding in Weybridge.
- Surrey county for improvements to footpath linking Broadwater path to Walton Lane. CIL funding of £8,981 has been requested to create a wider all-weather route.
- St James School to refurbish the Lodge to create additional teaching and community space. CIL funding of £60,000 has been requested. A quotation has been provided that is consistent with the amount requested.
- The Weybridge Society for improvement to lighting around the war memorial and restoration of the surroundings. CIL funding of £32,500 has been requested for the works.
- PA Housing for bollards to prevent parking on adopted highways land in Brooklands Road. CIL funding of £3,500 has been requested for the works.
- Weybridge Cricket Club for roof replacement and addition of girl’s changing facilities. CIL funding of £50,000 is requested.
- Walton Firs Foundation for new accommodation pods to provide additional capacity. CIL funding of £24,560 is requested. Three quotations have been provided, the lowest of which is consistent with the amount requested.
- St Mary’s Church Oatlands to create additional office space. CIL funding of £20,000 is requested.
The general report is here.