Long-term Walton Resident
Chris has lived in Walton for 25 years and understands the local issues – unlike the sitting Councillor who lives in Weybridge.
Experienced Public Servant
Chris has worked in public service for nearly 40 years before taking up a position in Elmbridge Council. In this role, Chris held many positions of responsibility such as:
- Representing the Walton Ambleside and South wards for over 9 years
- Chair of Licensing and Planning Committees
- Vice Chair of the Overview & Scrutiny Committee
- Member of the Surrey County Council Local Committee
His extensive experience includes:
- local planning issues
- complaints to Surrey County Council about needed road repairs
- helping local businesses secure additional parking at the Halfway shops Walton
- local road safety issues
- establishing a Community Speedwatch for Walton
Drake Park and WeylandsNoWay Campaigns
Chris worked with the community on the Drake Park and WeylandsNoWay campaigns against the proposed waste digester, questioning the Council about highways assessments and holding them to account over air quality and proximity of housing to the proposed digester.
Your current Councillor – a conflict of interests
Your current councillor represents both Borough and County Councils – creating a conflict of interests on the Drake Park and Weylands plans. She is also Deputy Mayor, and if she becomes the Mayor of Elmbridge in May as expected, will she have enough time to fulfil her responsibilities and represent your interests at council level?
Chris’ Top Priorities for Walton
- Better accountability and control of Surrey finances
- Provision of care for the elderly and vulnerable
- Protection of green belt and open spaces
- Adequate infrastructure to meet growing demands
- Maintaining existing road networks to a safe standard
Support Chris Elmer for Walton
If elected, Chris will devote his time and efforts to wholly representing you at Surrey County Council. Vote for dedication and experience – vote for Chris Elmer on 4th May.