As people self isolate there’s a growing need for help in our communities with the delivery of food, medicines, and even taking pets for a walk. Helping locally in our communities is an important element of being a Liberal Democrat.
We’d encourage any members to either sign-post others to, or take part themselves with some of the links below. They’re of use to both people who are self-isolating and those able to help others.
New: As the situation is changing daily, please take advice from the Government as to which activities you can take part in. If in doubt please stay at home.
Registering as an extremely vulnerable person
Register if you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus. For example, you’ll be able to ask for help getting deliveries of essential supplies like food.
If you’re not sure whether your medical condition makes you extremely vulnerable, register anyway.
You can register yourself, or on behalf of someone else.
- NHS Volunteer Responders
- Central Surrey Volunteering Action
- Surrey County Council Community Support
- Advice for those who need support and for those wishing to volunteer to help: 0300 200 1008
- Elmbridge Borough Council Volunteer Page
- If you would like to volunteer to support EBC’s meals-on-wheels effort please contact us on 01372 474 552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All meals-on-wheels volunteers must have their own car.
- AgeUK Surrey Volunteering
- Community Action Response – Eden Project joining local charities/services together
Helping local food banks
- East Elmbridge – https://eastelmbridge.foodbank.org.uk/
- Walton & Hersham – https://waltonhersham.foodbank.org.uk/
- Cobham – https://cobhamarea.foodbank.org.uk/
- Weybridge & Runnymede – https://runnymede.foodbank.org.uk/
Local Service Updates
- New Sign up for email updates from Elmbridge Borough Council
- Elmbridge Coronavirus Updates
- Elmbridge Service Updates (updates)
- Council meetings cancelled
- Residents with permits can park for free in council car parks
- Civic Centre closed to public. Please call 01372 474474
- Planning services changed (mostly suspended)
- Play areas and tennis courts closed
- St. Peter’s Hospital Updates
- Kingston Hospital Updates
Health advice and how to stop the spread
- Guidance for social distancing and who should self isolate (Government)
- EBC – https://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/news/coronavirus-covid-19/ (updates)
- NHS – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Government – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance
Disposal of waste while self-isolating
Support for local businesses & employment
- Elmbridge Support Information for Businesses
- Self Employed and Small Businesses – HMRC helpline 0300 456 3565 or 0800 0159 559
- Surrey Welfare Rights Unit
- Welfare Benefit Support for self-employed workers during COVID-19 emergency
Advice for self isolation
- Surrey County Council – Self isolation help and support (with ideas of what to do while self isolating)
There are several Facebook groups that have been created to help organise community efforts. We’ve collated some here but note that we aren’t providing an endorsement of any particular group and urge volunteers to take precautions and consider the wellbeing and safeguarding of others.
Important: We’ve seen reports of people taking advantage of these initiatives to scam vulnerable people. Where possible we advise people to volunteer through existing trusted charity and local government organisations.
- Walton on Thames Tradering Alliance – Help and Volunteer Form
- Covid-19 Elmbridge Support Group
- About Thames Ditton Coronavirus Community Care Group
- The Claygate and Esher Community Page.
- Molesey Coronavirus support group
- Oxshott, Cobham & Stoke D’Abernon Community Group
- Hersham Hub’s Elmbridge Coronavirus Support
We will endeavour to keep this page updated with useful links for residents in Elmbridge. Last updated 14/04/2020 10:00