One of the items on the Liberal Democrat/Residents administration’s to do list was to deal with the number of cases of planning infringement. We launched the planning compliance team with new resources to ensure greater planning complaince
In the last calendar year 336 planning compliance investigations where closed. Of these investigations:
- 167 were found not to be a breach of planning control
- 62 had the breach resolved due to borough intervention
- 43 were matters referred on to county, building control, Environment Agency, Environmental Health/Care etc.
- 40 resulted in grants of planning permission
- 14 were found to be duplicates of existing cases due to variation of address description
- 10 were closed on expediency grounds
In the same period:
- 4 Enforcement Notices were served,
- 4 Planning Contravention Notices issued,
- 2 Breach of Condition Notices served,
- 1 Temporary Stop Notice issued,
- 2 High Court Injunctions granted.